Can Succeed With Young Adults.
Buy Now on Amazon
This book will
show you how.
Get the Free Study Guide No Purchase Required.Download Instantly
A New Approach for the Church...
Helping college students and 20-somethings today—the “Millennial Generation”—engage with the church seems nearly impossible. Everywhere you look you find churches trying the same stop-and- start, can’t-quite- get-it- to-work, and copy-the- church-down- the-street methods of trying to reach young adults…. and none of it seems to work.
But what if it doesn’t have to be that way?
What if success with young adults is within the grasp of every church?
Before we throw in the towel on an entire generation with tremendous potential to change the church (and the world), it’s time to consider a new approach.Learn More
Part I: Uncovering What Is Normal
1. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Millennials? A Ruthlessly Honest Snapshot of the State of Today’s Young Adult Ministry
2. Mistake #1: Learn About Millennials
3. Mistake #2: Change the Worship Style
4. Mistake #3: Expect the Youth Director to Do It
5. Mistake #4: Start by Creating a Young Adult Program
6. Mistake #5: Wait Until They’re Ready
7. Mistake #6: Give Up Too Soon
Part II: Thinking Differently
8. Beyond Fixing
9. Paradox #1: Succeed by Being Willing to Fail
10. Paradox #2: Focus on Young Adults by Taking the Focus off Young Adults
11. Paradox #3: Reach Young People by Gathering More Old People
12. Paradox #4: Reach One Young Adult at a Time Through a System to Reach Them All
13. Paradox #5: Respond to Lack of Commitment by Asking for More
14. Paradox #6: Attract Young Adults to Your Church by Sending Them Away
Part III: Drafting the Roadmap
15. I Don’t Know...Yet. Practicing the Long Obedience
16. Failure Isn’t an Option—It’s a Certainty
Download the Free Study Guide No Purchase Required.
- Questions to help you reflect on each chapter
- Action Items to challenge your ministry
- Links to further reading & related videos